Google+ Learn English for FREE! Communicate with the world: English expression - A few bad apples spoil the bunch

Tuesday, August 01, 2017

English expression - A few bad apples spoil the bunch


~English expressions~

I'm a cyclist, this means I ride my bicycle a lot. I often ride my bike on the road so I share the space with cars. I'm always careful and I try not to make a problem for the cars, but some cyclists are not so careful. They do dangerous things that make trouble for drivers and they make other cyclists look bad. Even though most of us are kind, a few bad apples spoil the bunch. 


A few bad apples spoil the bunch = one or two bad people can spoil everything around them




Sometimes famous people get a bad rap, a few bad apples can spoil the bunch. There are actually many famous people who are very nice to their fans!
*get a bad rap = have a reputation that is not fair or not deserved*

_______________________________________________________


Subscribe to my weekly English Newsletter! 
Sign up now and get my e-book
"5 Simple English Communication tips!" FREE 
5_e-book_mock_up.png
+ World English 808 Newsletter
FREE English tips delivered to you every week!


We respect your email privacy
-->